Welcome to Villorceau !
Villorceau or “potter’s village” is located 4 km from Beaugency. Its name, of Latin origin, evokes the words “pots” and “jugs”. However, the existence of a potter in the town remains improbable because the raw material did not exist.
Villorceau has long been a village of small farmers. Until 1800 it was a village of winegrowers. The “Gris Meunier” vineyard gave an abundant and quality production. But the phylloxera sounded the death knell for this tradition. The farmers then turned to grains, sunflowers, potatoes.
The inhabitants are called “Villorcéens” and “Villorcéennes”.
- Address :Mairie de Villorceau 33 Grande Rue 45190 Villorceau
- Phone :02 38 44 51 88
- E-mail :email@example.comS’ouvre dans votre application
- Website :www.villorceau.fr